Lock A Folder With A Password In Windows 10 : Privacy is something everyone seeks. And, using your system and files in it are no exception. Locking a folder with the help of a password is the best way to protect your data. In order to ease your job, we have come up with this piece that helps you to lock a folder with a password on Windows 10. Read on.
How To Lock A Folder With A Password In Windows 10
We suggest you the best ways possible to lock a folder with the help of a password on your Windows 10. Check out here :
- At first, go to the folder that you want to protect.
- Right click inside the particular folder.
- From the contextual menu, pick ‘New’.
- Click on the ‘Text Document’.
- Now, just hit ‘Enter’.
- Note that just to ignore the file name as you can always delete it after locking.
- Double click on the text file and then open it.
- Now, paste the below mentioned text into the new document.
- Now, find the ‘Your-Password-Here’ in the document.
- Just replace the ‘Your-Password-Here’ with the password you want to lock the folder with.
- Now, click ‘File’.
- Then Select – ‘Save As’.
- Now, select on the ‘Text Documents (*.txt)’ menu bar that is next to the ‘Save as type’.
- Then select – ‘All Files’.
- Now, change the file name to ‘FolderLocker.bat’.
- Just hit option –‘Save’.
- Now, double click – FolderLocker.
- With this, the locker folder will be created.
- Now, fill the Locker folder with the content you want to lock or protect.
- Open the file – FolderLocker.
- Now, type ‘Y’ into the screen.
- Then just click the option – ‘Enter’
- And that’s it, you have locked your folder.
- In case, if you want to open it, just double click – FolderLocker.
- Just enter the password and then hit – ‘Enter’.
- You have successfully locked a folder.
Also Check: How to Remove Password in Windows 10
Read and then follow the above mentioned instructions carefully to lock or protect a folder on your Windows 10. It may sound bit hectic, but is actually easy to follow. Try it.